Carton forming equipment such as carton printing slotting die-cutting machines are widely used by carton packaging companies. Slotted blades are the necessary tools, and their service life directly affects the carton slotting quality and manufacturing cost. Today I will tell you how to improve the service life of slotted blades?
First of all, let's see what causes the wear and tear of the blade?
(I) When the cutter wear is related to the quality of the paper being cut, when the grooving blade works, the ruler cuts the cardboard while the surface is subject to relative friction. The sand content in many paperboards is 5% -10% higher, and the sand particles have a scorching effect relative to the cutting edge, causing the metal on the cutting edge surface to gradually plastically deform and wear out. The life of the cutter decreases as the usage time increases and the sand content of the cut cardboard (quartz sand, etc.) and impurities increase.
(2) The gap between the upper and lower knives after sharpening is unreasonable, and re-use will affect the product quality.
1. Form and extent of upper and lower knife wear.
2. Abrasion changes the gap between the upper and lower blade edges.
3. Ignore the corresponding change of the groove width retaining ring thickness. Slotted blades are not effective after grinding. This is because the thickness of the groove width retaining ring is constant and the gap between the upper and lower blade edges is unreasonable.
(III) The wear resistance of the tool is related to the material and heat treatment hardness. The wear resistance has a relationship with the hardness of the material and the nature, number, size and distribution of the hard spots in the structure. The more uniform the distribution, the better the abrasion resistance.
Find out why, then how to solve the problem of increasing the life of slotted blades?
(1) Reasonable clearance and grinding of the old knife to ensure the reuse effect.
1. Measure and classify the worn amount of the old upper knife. In order to unify the size, standardize the sharpening knife, reduce the amount of unnecessary edge grinding loss, all the old upper knifes are measured, recorded, and classified for grinding.
2. Check, sort and grind the cutting edge of the lower knife.
(B) preferably with good material and high hardness
1, to prevent abnormal cracks in the blade. After forging the steel, it can reach the shape of the required tool, and it can also make the internal structure compact and improve the quality of the crystal phase. During the heat treatment process, full consideration is given to avoiding defects such as quench cracking.
2. Add a new knife to check and accept strictly according to the figure. Carton packaging companies generally purchase new slotting knives through outsourcing and outsourcing. What needs to be paid attention to is that they must be strictly checked and accepted in accordance with the dimensional tolerances, materials, and hardness requirements specified in the drawings.